Many consider Fall to be the “slow season” for selling your house. Here at BSW Group, we believe the best time to sell your house is always NOW! With just a few small updates and tips you could be a step ahead of the market and put that myth to rest. We’ve got your back and have provided these important tips to sell your house during Fall.
- Style your home for the Fall – Start with flowers like chrysanthemums and pansies in the front yard, which are our favorite flowers for the Fall! Wreaths aren’t just for Christmas – place one on your front door as the perfect welcoming decor for potential buyers. You can’t go wrong with pumpkins on the front porch either!
- Make sure to allow plenty of natural light – As the days become shorter it’s important to keep natural light flowing throughout your home. We recommend replacing heavy window treatments with lightweight curtains and install high-wattage light bulbs. Make sure to keep the blinds open during the day!
- Emphasize your curb appeal – The first thing homebuyers will see is your front yard. Dead leaves and small tree branches can be detrimental to your home’s curb appeal if they aren’t taken care of. Make sure to rake the yard on a daily basis and trimming the hedges wouldn’t hurt either!
- Add a fire pit to your backyard – An outdoor fire pit can add a cozy atmosphere as well as value to your backyard. A recent study by the American Society of Landscape Architects found a fire pit was the number one most demanded outdoor design element by homebuyers and they are fairly cheap to install as well! In addition, a buyer will be able to envision themselves on a crisp Fall evening by the fire roasting some marshmallows!
- Insulate the attic – The final tip is not so glamorous, but very important! Homebuyers can be particular during colder months when it comes to heating. According to data from Remodeling Magazine, loose-fill attic insulation yields a 107.7 percent return on investment. Insulating the attic can add value to your home and allow for a seamless showing. We don’t think it’s a bad idea to keep your home insulated all the time anyway!
Remember these 5 tips when preparing your home for the market! If Fall continues to slow down, your house will stand out above the rest thanks to your Fall decor and brand new fire pit! At BSW Group, we strive to provide the same high-quality service to every client regardless of price range, location, or season! Reach out to us if you’re ready to sell your house this Fall.